Friday, May 15, 2015

Hello everyone,
Today I started to talk to my dad about politics and government and oil. We started talking about how the government can take your property with probable cause (to all of you who just found this out, yes it is true it is in the 5th amendment. Google it.). SO, I said yes, it is true but they have to pay you a decent amount of money for your property so you can get another place to live. My dad said that the government doesn't NEED to pay you to take your property. So I did some searching. I found that the government does not have to pay you to take your property IF and ONLY IF, you have been incriminated for a crime that was committed on a property such as running a meth lab. The government then has the right to take your property. Also, if property is left abandoned. I heard a story where a man was paid for more than enough for his property and I was told stories where the guy was way under paid. I don't know how the sums of money are determined, but I know that they will get paid. If anyone else has some government questions or beliefs or something interesting please comment so I can hear it. This interests me a lot.
-Kayla

(All my interpretations and sources comes from my government teacher [who taught me well] and https://www.law.cornell.edu/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment